We would like you to visit with us with no obligation. If you find you want to continue coming to MOPS, MOPS International has a fee of $23.95 (paid when you join), which includes a subscription to MOMSense Magazine, weekly MOM-E-Mails, a MOPS reusable bag, and a host of other resources online. Our group fee is $45.00 per year to cover the cost of our program. If you are in need of a scholarship, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our desire is that every mom can be involved regardless of her financial situation, so please ask.
Snow Cancellation Policy
If schools in the Cheshire Public School system are closed or delayed on the morning of a MOPS meeting, the MOPS meeting will be cancelled. Our next meeting will occur at the regularly scheduled time. We will reschedule speakers as able. You can hear local school cancellations on:
WTIC AM 1080
Channel 3 (Local CBS)
Channel 30 (Local NBC)
Channel 8 (Local ABC)
MOPPETS and Your Children
We're glad you're joining us for MOPS! If you're here for MOPS, you likely have a MOPPET in one of the classrooms. We'd like to set a few ground rules to make everyone comfortable and to keep your children safe and healthy.
1. Please drop your children off by 9:10 so we can begin our meetings on time at 9:15.
2. We will be providing snacks and drinks (water) for all children. We respectfully request that you NOT send your child with food or drink (other than water) as we are trying to keep all children safe, including those who may have food allergies. If your child has special needs, please discuss those issues with the MOPPETS coordinator or MOPPETS teacher and we will work with you to meet your child's needs.
3. If your child is ill (has a fever, a continuously runny nose from a cold, or ANY contagious illness), please be considerate of other children and arrange for other childcare that day. It will be at the teacher's discretion to ask a mother to keep her child out of the classroom if they believe it is not appropriate for your child to attend class because of an illness.
4. If you are a mother of a small infant and would prefer to keep your child with you during the meeting time, you may do so. We simply ask that you be respectful of other mothers and relocate if your child is disrupting the meeting. We do have a room outside of our sanctuary (upstairs) if you would like a private place for nursing your child.
5. Please pick up your children promptly after the meeting ends at 11:00 so that our teachers may depart on time. If you'd like to stay longer to talk with other mothers or our speaker, we encourage you to socialize with your children after you pick them up.
6. If someone else is picking your child up after class, please let the teacher know ahead of time and provide them with that person's name. If you do not do this, it may delay this person's departure while the teacher verifies that this is acceptable.
Thank you for respecting our guidelines. We are glad you're here and want to make the experience enjoyable for everyone. If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Fernandes, MOPPETS Coordinator at (203) 271-2876.